Thanksgiving Gluttony!
Okay, I screwed up bigtime! I remember what I said was the guideline for safe holiday eating but after that first taste of sweets it was over! There was no one day and out. No sir it was Thursday – Sunday grub fest. I’m sure that I gained about 5 pounds but I’m back in the groove. It’s akin to a lot of other addictions except that it’s not illegal or immoral. I tried to eat all the things that I gave up for 6 weeks. It’s difficult to face all the things you love to eat and turn them down. I did continue to exercise during the holidays. I was able to walk and keep moving even though I couldn’t get to a gym because we were on the road. So the point is that you will have set backs…………. Count on it! The idea is to be able to rebound as quickly as possible because believe me one day can stretch into 3 or 4 days easily. Anyway, now I’m back and attempting to focus on a proper eating plan. The next two to three weeks are critical because we have another holiday coming up and that’s usually the time people phone it in and say I’ll pick it back up in the New Year. That’s why most diet resolutions fail because you start training your brain to go buck wild and binge for a couple of weeks and then expect to be able to change over to a strict regimen. The other thing is if you have an idea of how much you weigh three weeks before Christmas you tend to gain another 10 pounds that you don’t account for by the time you get to January and as we all know it’s a helluva lot easier to gain weight then to lose it. I’m struggling to maintain the mindset that it takes to fight every single day. That’s the triple truth……….. Ruth!



No comments:
Post a Comment